Regular planned maintenance of your heating system is crucial to keep your equipment in good working order, optimise its efficiency and reduce the possibility of any failures before they occur. It is designed to preserve and enhance equipment reliability and also to validate any manufacturers warranties. In many cases, unless qualified engineers carry out regular maintenance, the warranty on a system will become invalid.
Sometimes, even the most well maintained systems encounter problems. Our service department is on hand to talk you through common problems and schedule an engineer to come out and diagnose those faults unresolvable over the phone. Through our national network of suppliers we are able to source most spare parts still in production throughout the UK.
What Does a Boiler Service Include?
The engineer will remove the boiler casing to look at its components. They will check the boiler is working safely and efficiently.
A good service includes checking:
- Correct gas pressure and flow
- Flue and combustion. A flue gas analyser will be used to make sure the boiler is burning the right mixture of gas and air
- Electrical connections are clean and in good condition
- Fans and other key components are working efficiently
- Seals are intact
- Electrodes are in a good condition
- Safety devices are checked
- Condensate trap and pipe is not blocked
- Water and gas pipework